GATE 2021 Application Form was released on 11 September 2020 and was ended on 07 October 2020 (without late fees) and was ended on 14 October 2020 with late fees. Graduate Aptitude Test is a National level examination organized jointly by the IISc, Bangalore, accompanied by seven other Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee) in the title of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE. Through GATE, candidates can seek admission into postgraduate programs, doctoral programs, and various PSUs. Candidates can go through the complete article to know more about GATE Application Form 2021.
GATE 2021 Application Form Dates
Candidates can check the schedule of events and dates about the GATE 2021 Application Form in the table given below:
GATE Important Dates 2021
Commencement of GATE 2021 registration through GOAPS
11 September 2020
Last date to apply for GATE 2021
07 October 2020
Last date for submitting the application form (by registered candidates) with an additional late fee of Rs. 500
14 October 2020
Availability correction facility for a GATE application form
28 October 2020
Last date to change the GATE exam paper, category, and city
13 November 2020
GATE 2021 Application Form
The application form for GATE 2021 has been released on 11 September 2020. Candidates can register and fill the application form via online mode only at the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Candidates can check the information below regarding the application process:
- Candidates can apply for the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering 2021 through GOAPS. The webpage can be accessed from the official website http://gate.iitb.ac.in.
- From filling up the form to uploading documents, the entire process is in online mode only.
- Candidates cannot send any hard copy of the application form/documents to IIT Delhi or any other Zonal Gate offices.
- Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected.
- The candidates should provide a valid email id, and mobile number as all the communications will be made through e-mail or SMS.
- The payment mode is also online via a payment gateway.
- Take multiple copies of the application form for future reference.
Before applying for the application form, candidates must keep the following checklist ready.
- A valid email id.
- An active mobile number.
- All the scanned documents to be uploaded in the application form with the specifications given.
- A valid Id proof.
- Gate 2020 information brochure for checking the eligibility criteria.
- Choice of test centers.
List of documents required for GATE 2021 Application Form
- Scanned passport size photo
- Scanned signature
- Qualifying degree certificate
- Category certificate
- Dyslexic certificate (as applicable)
How to Retrieve GATE 2021 Login Credentials?
In certain situations, the enrollment id and password can be misplaced by a candidate. There are two options available to access the application form login credentials for further uses:
- Request for an OTP:
- If a candidate remembers the Enrollment ID/Email Address but has forgotten the password, click on "Request for an OTP" to get a Time Password.
- Provide registered mobile number and Enrollment ID/Email Address.
- Click on Reset Password to obtain a new one.
- Already have an OTP? : If OTP is already there, click on "Already have an OTP?" to reset the password. Enter the following details to create a New Password-
- Enrollment ID/Email Address
- New Password
- Confirm New Password
Password Specifications: Choose a password that cannot be guessed easily. It should be unique, and 8-15 characters.
How to apply for GATE 2021?
GATE Application form 2021 will be available online mode only through a registration portal called GOAPS.
What is GOAPS?
GOAPS is an online interface through which a candidate can :
- Apply for the Examination GATE 2021.
- Upload photograph, signature, and other documents like qualifying degree certificate/ Certificate from the Head of the Department (HOD)/Institute in the prescribed format and category certificate (SC/ST/PwD) and/or Dyslexic certificate as suitable.
- Pay the Registration Fee through any of the Electronic payment modes, i.e., Net Banking, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, etc.
- Monitor the status of the application form: Received, Under scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, Admit Card ready for download, etc.
- Download Admit Card/ Hall Ticket.
- View his/her answers, marks obtained, and GATE scorecard.
- Download the GATE scorecard.
- The portal for GOAPS has been activated from 03 September 2019 for the commencement of the Application form.
- All the important announcements will be made on this interface only, where the candidate will have to login every time to check the upcoming events.
To fill the application form of GATE 2021, candidates must be aware of the following steps:
- Registration at GOAPS.
- Filling the Application Form with correct details.
- Uploading the requisite documents.
- Payment of Application Fee.
- Downloading the Admission Form after submission.
Step-by-step procedure to fill the application form:
- Step 1: Registration at GOAPS
A candidate must first register by providing the following details:
- Candidates full name
- A valid e-mail id
- An active mobile number
- Setting of password
After the successful registration, an enrollment id will be generated and sent to the candidate via email and SMS.
- Step 2: Log in to fill the application form
After the successful registration at GOAPS, candidates now can fill the application form by logging in on the log-in page using enrollment id and password.
- Step 3: The candidates are now redirected to the Application page, where they have to fill in the following details:
- In the first column, the candidate has to select the subject they wish to appear for in GATE 2020 examination.
- The country they want to appear in for the exam.
- The exam center (if a candidate appears for the exam in India)- the three cities' selection is mandatory.
- The first and second choices must be from the same Gate zonal area, and the third choice can be from any other GATE zone.
Personal details: The following details have to fill in the personal detail section in the application form.
- Enrollment ID
- Name of the candidate
- Email Address
- Mobile number
- Date of Birth
- Gender ( Male/ Female /Transgender)
- Nationality ( Indian / Other)
- Category( Gen/ OBC/ SC/ST)
- A person with Disability (Yes/No)
- Candidates with Dyslexia( Yes/No)
- Country of Permanent Residence
- State of Permanent residence
- ID Proof
- ID Proof number
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Country of Residence Parent/Guardian
- Correspondance address
Note: Only a valid Password/Government issued ID/College ID/Employee ID is accepted as the recognized identification document for international candidates.
Qualification details: The candidates have to fill the following qualifying degree details in the application form:
- Institute registration/ Roll number
- Qualifying degree
- The discipline of qualifying Degree
- Have you graduated with the above Degree?
- Year of Qualifying Degree
- Country of College/University
- State/Union Territory
- Degree of awarding University/Institute
- Name of College
- Pin code
Upload Necessary Documents: The candidates have to upload scanned copies of the following documents in specific size and format:
Scanned Image Specification in GATE Application
|Passport size photograph||3.5 cm Width x 4.5 cm Height (in JPEG/JPG format)|
|Signature size ( draw a rectangular box with black or dark blue ink)||2 cm Height x 7 cm Width (in JPEG/JPG format)|
|Qualifying degree certificate||PDF format|
|Category ( SC/ST) Certificate ||PDF format|
|A person with Disability (PwD) Certificate||PDF format|
|Dyslexic Certificate||PDF format|
Before proceeding with payment, the candidates are advised to view the filled-in application form by clicking on the "Save and View Application" button. After clicking on the button, no further changes can be made.
The payment of application fees is through electronic mode after filling the application form.
- Payment can be made online only by using either a Debit card/Credit card or Net Banking.
- Once the payment is successful, the candidate can download the application form's pdf copy by clicking on the 'Download Application Form' button.
- If due to internet connection or power failure problems, a candidate is unsure about the payment being processed or not, they can log in back to GOAPS after some time and check the status.
- If the fee amount has been deducted from the account and GOAPS does not acknowledge any fee payment, then the money would be credited back to the account (this may take a week after the application form's closure).
- In such conditions, candidates are advised to initiate a fresh payment without waiting for the money to be credited to the account. This will ensure the application submission on time.
Step 5: Downloading of Application Form
After the successful submission of the application form for GATE 2020, a candidate can download the application form's pdf for future references.
GATE 2021 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid through online mode only via Debit card/Credit card/Net banking.
- The application fee is neither refundable nor transferable.
- Additional online transaction charges or bank charges can be applicable (these charges would be specified on the payment gateway).
The given table contains the fee details about the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2020:
GATE Application Fee 2021
|For Test Centres in India||By 24 last date||During the extended period|
|All other candidates||1500/-||2000/-|
|For Test Centres outside India( All candidates)|
By 24 last date
|During the extended period|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|Singapore & Dubai||US$ 100||US$ 120|
GATE 2021 Application Form Correction
The competent authority provided the correction facility to make changes in the application form for those who will submit the form.
- All the applications submitted for the GATE 2021 examination were scrutinized for data accuracy, including the uploaded documents, clarity of photograph, and signature.
- If everything was found in order, the application was selected.
- Otherwise, defects in the application were marked and intimated to the candidates for correction.
- The status of the defects was intimated to the candidates by email and/or SMS.
- Candidates had to log in to their GOAPS registered account and make the required changes.
- The application process's current status would be updated after the scrutiny by the respective zonal GATE offices.
- Candidates can check the status of their applications anytime by logging into the GOAPS website.
GATE 2021 Admit Card
GATE 2021 admit card was available to download at the official GOAPS website. The Admit Card contains important information like exam slot, date, time, and venue. The candidates can find themselves out of the facility to download the hall ticket online through an application number and password.