RTU DAT 2023 is organized by the Rajasthan Technical University, Kota. The exam is organized once a year at the university level. RTU Doctoral Admission Test 2023 application form is expected to be released in October. Those candidates who hold Master's/M.Phil Degree with a minimum of 55% marks is eligible to apply through online mode with an Application Fee of Rs. 3000/-. The exam is organized for those candidates seeking to take admission in various PhD courses at the university. The candidates can go through the complete article below to know more about the RTU DAT 2023 exam.
RTU DAT 2023 Exam Status
|Exam Status||No official notification announce yet|
RTU DAT 2023 Important Dates
Candidates can check the important dates and events regarding the RTU DAT 2023 form the below-given table:
RTU DAT 2023 Schedule
Advertisement for notification
Commencement of online application form filling
Last date of the online application
Display of list of eligible candidates
Written test (RTUDAT2023)
RTU DAT 2023 Application Form
The aspirants must check the eligibility criteria before filling the RTU DAT 2023 Application Form
. Applicants can check the other information below in the given points:
- The online registration of the RTU DAT will commence soon.
- The aspirants are advised to fill the form on the official website only.
- Before submitting the form make sure the details filled in are correct.
- A registration fee must be paid to complete the full form filling process.
- To fill the online application form, the candidate must enter his/her transaction ID/token no. in the appropriate link.
- The changes will be allowed in the online application form before final submission only.
- After completing all the process must get the printout of the filled form.
RTU DAT 2023 Application Fee
The RTU DAT 2023 examination fee details are mentioned below:
RTU DAT 2023 Registration Fee
|All Category candidates irrespective of the caste||Rs 3000/-|
Modes of Payment
- Online - Fees can be submitted online through the Bill desk gateway facility, where a candidate will need to fill in the details of their credit card/debit card/net banking/other online payment gateway details.
- A candidate is required to pay any other charges as per the requirement of online payment, as applicable at the time of admission.
- A transaction ID number will be generated for the payment of the Application Form.
RTU DAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates interested to take the admission in the offered courses will have to fill the below mentioned RTU DAT 2023 Eligibility:
Eligibility for Full-time Research Scholar:
- Master's degree in the appropriate discipline with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (of all the years/ semesters) of any recognized University/Institute or equivalent, or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) as defined by AICTE/UGC or any other competent body as the case may be.
- SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and Differently abled persons or categories or those who had
obtained their Master's Degree before 19 September 1991 will get the relaxation of 5% marks or equivalent grade point in the minimum eligibility.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale(or an equivalent grade) and completing an M.Phil degree will be eligible.
- A relaxation of 5% or equal grade point in the minimum eligibility shall be allowed to the applicant belonging to the categories of SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and Differently abled
persons or categories decided by UGC.
Eligibility for Part-time Research Scholar:
- The candidates must fulfil the qualification criteria to apply for part-time Research. A Postgraduation degree from any recognized University/college/institute with an aggregate of 55% marks(all semesters combined).
- A relaxation of 5% to the applicants belonging to the reserved categories including SC/ST/OBC(Non-creamy Layer) and PwD.
- Besides this, candidates must also fulfil the criteria of the Departmental Research Committee(DRC).
- Candidates have to get permission from the employer to pursue a PhD along with fulfilling the duties in the organization.
- A certificate will be issued by the employer to allow him/her to fulfil the residential requirement during course work and contact days with the supervisor after completion of the course as mentioned in the guidelines by UGC.
- A certificate issued by the employer to get permission to attend the classes of the course work and complete other requirements of Degree while discharging the normal official duties.
RTU DAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates must prepare for the RTU DAT 2023 as per the exam pattern and understand the nature of the examination given in the table below:
Test Pattern for DAT 2023
|Mode of Exam||Offline( Pen-Paper Mode)|
|No. of Questions||100|
|Duration of test||150 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)|
Distribution of Questions:
|Question Type||No. of Questions|
|Teaching and Research Aptitude||50|
RTU DAT 2023 Syllabus
Aspirants can check DAT 2023 syllabus for all sections below:
- Teaching Concepts
- Learning Characteristics
- Methods of Teaching in Institutes of Higher Learning
- Teaching support System
- Evaluation Systems
- Introduction Research
- Methods of Research
- Steps of Research
- Thesis and Article writing
- Application of ICT in Research
- Research Ethics
Comprehension and Communication-
- Communication Types and Characteristics
- Barriers ineffective communication
- Mass-media and Society
Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude-
- Types of Reasoning
- Number series
- Mathematical Aptitude
- Understanding the structure of Arguments
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive Reasoning
- Analogies- and Venn Diagram
- Pramanas, Anumana, Arthapatti, etc
- Structure and kinds of Anumana, Vyapti, etc
- Sources Acquisition and classification of Data
- Quantitative and Qualitative data
- Graphical Representation
- Data Interpretation
- Data and Governance
Information and Communication Technology(ICT)-
- ICT- General abbreviations and Technology
- Basics of the Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio, and Video-conferencing
- Digital initiatives in higher education
- ICT and Governance
People, Development and Environment-
- Development and Environment
- Human and environment interaction
- Environmental issues
- Natural and Energy resources
- Natural hazards and Disasters
RTU DAT 2023 Admit Card
The candidates can check in the below-given points vital details for RTU DAT 2023:
- The candidates eligible for the written test and whose applications have been shortlisted will be able to download the admit card.
- The hall ticket will be available on the RTU official website and no individual communication will be provided.
- Admit card will contain details like- Candidate's name, DOB, examination centre, venue, etc.
RTU DAT 2023 Result
Those who have appeared in the exam can get the details about Result hearby;
- The result of the RTU DAT 2023 written test will be displayed on the official website.
- The qualified candidates shall be invited for the interview process on the date notified by the authority
- No separate communication will be sent to the candidates.
- The DRC shall judge the suitability of the applicant for admission based on the interview.
- The key elements of the interview would be-the Applicant's research aptitude, Knowledge of the subject, a clear understanding of the proposed research problem, suitability of Research methodology, research facilities and supervisor availability in the proposed research area, etc.
Details mentioned in the Scorecard
- Name of the candidate
- Area of specialization
- Research Centres
- Course Work Subject
RTU DAT 2023 Admission Procedure
In all PhD programs, admission is given according to the Rajasthan Technical University Laws and Regulations.
- A list of the applicants, eligible for the written test will be displayed only on the RTU website and no individual communication will be made.
- The result of the entrance exam of the qualified candidates will be displayed on the website. All the qualified applicants shall be invited for an interview on the notified date.
- The DRC shall interview the invited applicants on the date notified in the order of the merit list shown.
- The applicant shall be allotted the supervisor(s) based on the area of interest of the supervisor, interest area of the applicant, and mutual consent of both.
- The reservation requirements are in line with the reservation policy of the Rajasthan State Government.
Note: University reserves the right not to fill all the vacant seats in the absence of suitable applicants as decided by the DRC. Merely qualifying for the RTU-DAT examination does not entitle the applicant to admission to the PhD program.
RTU DAT 2023 Highlights
Check in the given table, few basic information about DAT RTU 2023:
|Exam Short Name||RTU-DAT 2023|
|Exam Full Name||Rajasthan Technical University- Doctoral Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||Rajasthan Technical University, Kota|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|RTU DAT 2023 Official Website||https://rtu.ac.in/|
|Purpose of Exam||to provide admission in the PhD. Program of University Teaching Departments and approved Research Technical University, Kota.|
About Rajasthan Technical University
Rajasthan Technical University
(RTU) is located in Kota(Rajasthan). The university came into existence in the year 2006 by the government of Rajasthan. The aim of initiating this program was to enhance technical education and boost the technical environment across the state. The University has the best panel of administration lead by the Hon’ble Governor of Rajasthan -Shri. Kalyan Singh as Chancellor, and Professor Neelima Singh as the Vice-Chancellor of the University. The Technical University offers various courses in disciplines related to technology such as Bachelor of Technology(B.Tech), Master of Technology(M.Tech), Doctor of Philosophy(Ph.D.), Master of Business Administration(MBA), Master of Computer Applications(MCA), and Bachelor of Hotel Management( Bh. HM) and Catering Technology. Almost 81 Engineering colleges are currently affiliated with Rajasthan Technical University. Around 2 lakh students study in various institutes affiliated with the University.