NUCAT 2023 also known as Nitte University Common Admission Test 2023 will be conducted for admission to B.Tech programs at NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte. For B.Tech course, admission will be through NUCAT 2023 entrance exam. The Registration for NUCAT 2023 has been started from 8th December 2022 . The exam will be condcuted on 4th week of June 2023. NUCAT is a university level entrance exam conducted every year. The university offers various UG & PG level courses. It is a private university located in Mangalore in Karnataka. There are 3 campuses spread in Nitte, Mangalore, and Bangalore. In this article, you can find complete details about NUCAT University Admission 2023.
- Candidates can take a maximum of 3 tests and the best of attempts will be considered for ranking.
- The NUCAT 2023 exam date is from February 3, 2023, to February 5, 2023.
- The test 2 will be held from April 14, 2023, to April 16, 2023.
- Test 3 is from May 12, 2023, to May 14, 2023.
NUCAT 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check NUCAT 2023 status from below:
NUCAT 2023 Exam Dates
NUCAT 2023 Important Dates are mentioned in the table given below:
NUCAT 2023 Important Dates (Tentative)
Commencement of Registration for Test 1
8th December 2022
Last date for Registration
21st January 2023
Download of e-Admit Card & Booking of Test Slots for Test 1
22nd to 25th January 2023
27th to 29th January 2023
NUCAT Test 1
3rd to 5th February 2023
Commencement of Registration for Test 2
22nd January 2023
Last date for Registration
3rd April 2023 (11:59 PM)
Download of e-Admit Card & Booking of Test Slots for Test 2
4th to 6th April 2023
7th to 9th April 2023
NUCAT Test 2
14th to 16th April 2023
Commencement of Registration for Test 3
4th April 2023
Last date for Registration
1st May 2023 (11:59 PM)
Download of e-Admit Card & Booking of Test Slots for Test 3
2nd to 4th May 2023
5th to 7th May 2023
NUCAT Test 3
12th to 14th May 2023
What is Nucat?
The Nitte University Common Admission Test (NUCAT) is the entrance exam conducted by Nitte University for admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered by its constituent institutes. The exam is designed to assess the academic aptitude of interested individuals looking for admissions into various programmes at the university.
NUCAT 2023 Application Form
Following are the details about NUCAT 2023 Application Form below:
- The application form for NUCAT 2023 will be available through online mode only.
- The NUCAT application form will be released from the second week of April 2023.
- Candidates will have to fill the application form with details such as name, address, email id, contact number, etc.
- The application form will be accepted only for eligible candidates so, one must check the norms before applying for the exam.
- Authority will also provide the correction facility to the candidates from the third week of April 2023.
- The last date to submit the application form will be the second week of June 2023.
- Candidates must take the printout of the application form for further reference.
- The application fee will be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates can pay the fee using Debit card, Credit card, Net Banking, UPI.
- Application fee will be Rs. 1000/- for every candidate.
- The application fee will be non-refundable once paid.
NUCAT 2023 Form Correction
NUACT allows the candidates to make corrections in their NUCAT Application Form after submission, but only in the uploaded images. The candidates can change their uploaded scanned photo and signature only.
What details can be corrected?
NUCAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Age Criteria: The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates who have completed/appearing for Class 12 or equivalent examination in India, with Mathematics & Physics as compulsory subjects and any one of Chemistry / Biology / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Electronics / Information Technology with English as one of the languages of study.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates with not less than 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and any one of Chemistry / Biology / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Electronics / Information Technology with English as one of the languages of study.
- NRI/FOREIGN NATIONAL CATEGORY: Candidates who are foreign nationals, Persons of Indian Origin, including Overseas Citizens of India or Candidates who have passed Class 12 outside India or Candidates sponsored by parents / blood relatives having NRI status fall under NRI/Foreign National category. The admission under NRI category will be based on inter-se merit considering the marks secured in PCM subjects in Class 12.
Note: A candidate can take a maximum of 3 tests and the best of attempts will be considered for ranking. A Test registration fee will have to be paid during the online registration process for each test.
NUCAT 2023 Admit Card
NUCAT 2023 Admit Card will be available on the official website, candidates are requested to download and print their admit cards as it is an important document to be carried to the examination center. Below mentioned guidelines for NUCAT 2023 Admit Card/Hall Ticket can be followed by the candidates:
- If candidates are found without NUCAT Admit Card in the examination hall, there are chances that the authorities might not allow them to appear for the examination.
- If there is any discrepancy found in the Admit Card particulars, the candidate must immediately get in touch with the Official Authority to get it rectified.
- Visit the Exam center before the final exam day if the venue is unfamiliar.
- No query related to the hall ticket will be entertained on the day of the examination.
NUCAT 2023 Exam Pattern
NUCAT 2023 Exam Pattern is given below which contains information like mode of examination, duration of the examination, several types of questions asked, the language in which the exam can be taken by the candidates, etc.
NUCAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
+1 for correct answer, no negative marking
Medium of examination
40 questions each from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics sections
Below mentioned is the section-wise division of examination and the total number of marks they carry each:
Number of Questions
NUCAT 2023 Syllabus
1: ELECTRIC CHARGES AND FIELDS
2: ELECTROSTATIC POTENTIAL AND CAPACITANCE
3: CURRENT ELECTRICITY
4: MOVING CHARGES AND MAGNETISM
5: MAGNETISM AND MATTER
6: ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION
7: ALTERNATING CURRENT|
8: ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
9: RAY OPTICS AND OPTICAL INSTRUMENTS
10: WAVE OPTICS
11: Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
14: SEMICONDUCTOR ELECTRONICS
I Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
II Structure of Atom
III Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
IV Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
V States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
VI Chemical Thermodynamic
VIII Redox Reactions
X S -Block Elements
XI Some p -Block Elements
XII Organic Chemistry: Some basic Principles and Techniques
XIV Environmental Chemistry
l SETS AND FUNCTIONS
III COORDINATE GEOMETRY
V MATHEMATICAL REASONING
VI STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
NUCAT 2023 Preparation Tips
NUCAT 2023 Preparation Tips are mentioned below for all the candidates who will be appearing for NUCAT 2023 Examination and are looking for guidance on how to go on NUCAT exam preparation:
- candidates must prepare how to go on with each subject which includes the time distribution, management of resources, and various other important factors.
- Once the preparation chart is ready, start with the preparation which will include studying all the important topics in-depth, not so important topics in brief but do not miss on any topic as this exam tests the ability.
- If the candidates are taking any coaching classes or external help, their guidance and all that candidates learn over there helps but the same is the number of efforts they need to put in every day on their own.
- An ample amount of sleep is a must.
- Solving questions will give a reality check of the preparation and scope of improvement as well, apart from which candidates must solve oneNUCAT previous year papers as it will give an idea of the exam pattern.
- Join a test series and write tests every day as it will add up to the speed, accuracy, and refinement in answering questions.
- Write 2-3 mock tests every day and try writing a full-length paper at the time candidates will be writing the final NUCAT Test 2023 Examination.
NUCAT 2023 Answer Key
Candidates can check the NUCAT 2023 Answer Key will be released by the official authority. The answer key is available online mode only on the website.
- Individual responses to questions along with the official answer key have been published by the authority.
- Applicants can challenge the answer key by filling the objection form.
- Candidates can log in by using a user ID & password to view the answer key & question paper.
- NUCAT answer key along with the response sheet and question papers are uploaded under the login of the candidates.
- The official answer key is released after a few days of the exam.
- The official answer key and response sheet are available for objections.
- After reviewing the challenges, a final answer key is also released, based on which NUCAT scores are calculated.
NUCAT 2023 Result
NUCAT 2023 results will be released from the fourth week of June 2023. The merit list will be available through online mode. The merit list will contain the name of the candidate,marks obtained, rank, etc.
NUCAT 2023 Counseling
After the release of the merit list, candidates will be called for the counseling procedure. It will be mandatory for all qualified candidates to participate in the counseling process. Based on the counseling process, candidates will get admission into the university. Candidates must have to bring the original and photocopy required documents for verification. Candidates who will be allotted seats in the counseling process will be able to download their counseling letters. As without counseling letters no further admission will be allowed.
NUCAT 2023 Scholarships
The candidates can avail the scholarships for study at NMAMIT provided by the university.
- 20% of the seats in each program is set aside for toppers in NUCAT.
- Admission with 40% of scholarship of prescribed fee will be offered to candidates for 20% of seats based on inter se merit.
- All government scholarships and Community based Organizations sponsored scholarships can be availed.
NUCAT 2023 Highlights
Check all the details about the NUCAT 2023 examination given below:
NUCAT 2023 Official website