NID PhD 2019 stands for National Institute of Design Postgraduate Doctoral Degree Admission Test. The application form is released. This exam will be conducted by the National Institute of Design (NID) Ahmedabad Campus. The candidates will be enrolled in the PhD program in Design. This entrance exam is conducted once every year at the National Level. The candidates are given admission based on a three-stage selection process. The research ability, design thinking, knowledge base, and creative skills of a candidate are checked through this process. Candidates who wish to take admission in this course must read the complete article to know all about NID PhD 2019 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling etc. This admission test is conducted for session 2020.
NID Ahmedabad PhD in Design Admission 2020 lastest Updates:
- DRT and Interview has been conducted in the second week of December 2019.
- NID PhD 2019 Result has been declared on 29 November 2019.
- The exam and interview of NID PhD was on 25-27 November 2019.
Download the NID PhD 2019 Information Bulletin
NID PhD 2019 Results
The vital information regarding the NID PhD Results 2019 is given below:
- The NID Results has been declared on the official website of National Institute of Design by 29 November 2019.
- The candidates of the various category will be eligible for admission if their marks meet the minimum qualifying criteria.
- The Results will be announced on the official website.
- No candidate will receive the result through any offline mode by the conducting body.
NID PhD 2019 Admit Card
NID PhD Admit Card 2019-20 has been available on the official website by 11 November 2019 (04:00 PM) and must be downloaded by all the applicants and undermentioned guidelines must be followed;
- Candidates can download Admit Card from the official website of National Institute of Design.
- Candidates must show the Admit Card on-demand for entry to the Examination Hall. A candidate not possessing print out of the downloaded admit card and valid photo identity shall not be allowed to enter in the Examination Hall by the Center-in-Charge.
- Candidates found carrying any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except those mentioned above inside examination Hall will be debarred from appearing the examination.
- Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of Calculator are not allowed in the Examination Hall. Possession of such items during the Examinations may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre-in-Charge, will leave his/her seat or Examination Hall until the duration of examination is over.
NID PhD 2019 Exam and Interview
The vital information regarding NID PhD 2019 Exam and Interview is given as follows:
- The exam and interview has been conducted in the 25-27 November 2019. There is a total of two exams which is conducted by the authority.
- A screening test is conducted which contain 100 marks.
- DRT(Design research test) is conducted. DRT exam is divided into two parts (DRT-1 and DRT-2).
The Design Research Test (DRT) primarily evaluates the following abilities of the candidate:
- General Awareness
- Design Aptitude
- Research Ability
- Reasoning abilities
- Design abilities
A: Screening of Proposals (Total: 100 Marks)
- Suitability to NID’s expressed research areas
- Relevance and feasibility of research study to the field of design
- Clearly defined objectives, the rationale of the study and research questions
- Language articulation and presentation quality
B: Design Research Test (Two parts; Total: 100 Marks) DRT 1 - The Situation Test/Fieldwork (Total: 50 Marks)
- Observation and data representation
- Planning/Research Brief
- Field Interaction
- Research Methods used in the field
- Analysis and/or synthesis
- Range of Insights/Opportunities
- Variety of Methods Used
- Quality of Representation
- Design Research Related Unknowns
- Comprehension and articulation
- Clarity of written Communication
- Quality of Content
DRT 2 – General awareness and Design Abilities (Total: 50 Marks)
- Knowledge and world view
- Creativity and design thinking
- Observation and imagination
- Comprehension and articulation Reasoning
C: Evaluation Criteria for Interview (Total: 100 Marks)
- Topic of Research Proposal
- Alignment with NID’s Research Priorities
- Academic Record and Work Experience
- Delivery and Presentation and Personal Attributes
Based on the scores obtained in the DRT, only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Only candidates who pass the DRT shall be eligible to appear for the personal interview.
Weightage of DRT and Interview:
- For candidates who take DRT and appear in the Interview (i.e., those with less than 15 years of work experience): weightage of DRT = 20% and weightage of Interview /Presentation of Research Proposal=80%.
- For candidates who appear only in the interview (i.e. those with more than 15 years of work experience): weightage of work presentation (that connects their work done so far to the proposed research) = 20% and weightage of Interview / Presentation of Research Proposal=80%.
NID PhD 2019 Application Form
NID PhD Application form has been released on 01 October 2019. The candidates must make sure that they submit the Registration form before the last date. Applicants are requested to first go through eligibility criteria before filling the application. Besides this, they must carefully fill all the details in the NID PhD application form. Details about NIT PhD form are provided below:
- The application form can be filled through online mode only.
- Candidates need to download the application form which is available on the official website is given below.
- The application form is already available on the link mentioned above.
- The last date for filling the online application form is till 07 November 2019(till 02:00 PM).
- Before filling the application form, the applicant has to register by providing basic detail like Nationality, Category, Disability, Birthdate, Email, Mobile.
- The candidate must fill valid and working information while filling the form.
- Multiple application forms of the single candidates lead to cancellation of exam for that candidate.
- There is no need to sent a hard copy of the application to the conducting authority.
NID PhD 2019 Application Fee
Category wise application fees for Academics Year 2020-2021 are given below:
NID PhD 2019 Application Fee
Mode of Application Fees Payment:
- The application fee will be paid through online mode only by Credit Card, Debit Card or Netbanking.
- The application fee is not refunded in any circumstance.
- There is no need to the sent a hard copy of application fee slip to the conducting body.
NID PhD 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must carefully go through the NID PhD eligibility criteria 2019 before they submit their application form. If a candidate does not fulfil the eligibility criteria they will be disqualified. Following are the details about NID PhD Eligibility Criteria 2020:
- Nationality: The applicant should be Indian.
- Qualification Criteria: Candidate must have completed their Master’s degree in Design from a recognized University
- Candidate should have completed their Bachelor’s degree in Design from National Institute of Design with three years of professional or teaching experience or both.
- Candidates must have completed a Faculty Development Programme in Design from the National Institute of Design or any other recognised University.
- Candidates must have a Master’ s degree in Philosophy (in Design).
NID PhD 2019 Highlights
Below given are the main or vital points of the NID PhD admission:
National Institute of Design Postgraduate Doctoral Degree 2019 (NID PhD 2019)
National Institute of Design Ahmedabad Campus (NID Ahmedabad Campus)
PhD in Design Courses
Stay connected for National Institute of Design PhD Admission 2020.
National Institute of Design Postgraduate Doctoral Degree (NID PhD 2019)
In December 2015, NID launched NODE (NIDs Online Design Education), an online initiative which delivers self-directed and self-paced design classes from the faculty of the National Institute of Design Ahmedabad Campus to students across the country. Students need not be enrolled in NID, and must only pay a nominal fee, to take these classes. NID will not issue physical certificates on course completion. Only a digital certificate is issued. The first course was launched on 23 December 2015, titled "Design Fundamentals", and consisted of 47 online classes.