JKCET 2023 Application Form will be released on April 04, 2023. Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) is a state-level examination. It is conducted every year. Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test are organized by the Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBPEE) to offer admissions into various engineering programs in various government and private engineering colleges. JKCET is organized once every year. Candidates must read the complete article to know more about JK Common Entrance Test 2023.
JKCET 2023 Latest Updates
- JKCET 2023 Application from will be out April 04, 2023
- JKCET 2023 exam will be conducted on May 28, 2023.
- JKBOPEE has extended the registration deadline for admission to Bachelor of Engineering & Technology Courses-2023 till April 30.
- Candidates can apply online through the official website at www.jkbopee.gov.in.
JKCET 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the essential information related to the JKCET 2023 which is mentioned below:
|Application Form will release on 04 april, 2023
|28 May, 2023
JKCET 2023 Important Dates
Candidates can check here all the important JKCET 2023 dates for the application form in the given table below:
JKCET 2023 Schedule
|Date of commencement of registration
|04 April, 2023
|Last date to submit the Application Form
|25 April, 2023
|Date of Issuance of Admit Card
|JKCET 2023 exam date
|28 May, 2023
|Display of provisional Answer Key
|Declaration of JKCET Result
|Last date for admission of CET Courses
|Last date of joining for the Mop-up round
|Completion of the admission process
JKCET 2023 Application Form
- The last date for submission of the Application Form would be filled only through Online mode.
- The Application form has been available on the official website of the board.
- If candidates wish to fill the application form through offline mode then they have to download it from the website and fill out the form. The printout of the filled-in application form needs to be sent along with the demand draft.
- Candidates must submit the application forms before the due dates.
Candidates must fill in all the details carefully. In case of any mistake, they can make corrections in the application form any time before submission.
JKCET 2023 Application Fees
The Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test 2023 Registration fee details are as follows:
- The Application fee for JKCET 2023 shall be Rs.1200/- for all categories.
- Applicants can make payment of application fee through credit card/debit card and net banking.
- The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstance.
JKCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates can check the JKCET 2023 eligibility criteria below:
- Nationality: Applying Candidate must be a permanent resident of Jammu & Kashmir as per section 6 of the Constitution of J&K state.
- Qualifying Exam: Applicant must have passed 12th level/Higher Secondary exams or their equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- Qualifying Subjects: The candidate in his qualifying exam must have passed with the primary subjects of Physics, Mathematics, English and Chemistry.
- Qualifying Marks: Applying candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in their qualifying exam. Reserved candidates must have obtained 40% marks.
- Candidates appearing for the 12th exams can also apply.
Age Criteria: Applying the candidate’s age should not be less than 17 years as of 31 December 2023.
JKCET 2023 Exam Pattern
The applicants can check the JKCET 2023 Exam Pattern below:
Question Paper Pattern for JKCET 2023
Mode Of Examination
Offline ( Pen paper-based)
Type of Questions
Objective type (MCQ)
Total number of questions
1 mark for every correct answer
-0.25 for every wrong answer
Subject-Wise distribution of marks are as follows:
No. of Questions
JKCET 2023 Syllabus
Please check the JKCET 2023 Syllabus below:
Physical-world and measurements, kinematics, Laws of motion, work, energy and power, Motion of system of particles and rigid body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk matters, Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory, oscillation and waves, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Atom & Nuclei, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Electronic devices and communication system.
Chemical arithmetic and atomic structure, Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, solutions, Chemical Thermodynamics, Redox reaction and Electrochemistry, Solid states and States of Matter, Surface chemistry, Chemistry of Representative Elements, Periodic Properties, Chemical Bonding and molecular structure, Transition elements including Lanthanides, Co-ordinate Chemistry, Nomenclature and Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Polymers, Molecules of life, Organic chemistry based on function group-I, II and II.
Sets Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers; Linear programming; Linear equation; Sequence and Series, Permutation and Combination, Binomial Theorem, trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, Matrices & Determinants, Limits, continuity and differentiation, Integration and Differential Equation, Straight line and conic sections, statistics, probability, Vectors and 3D Geometry, Straight lines and space and planes.
JKCET 2023 Preparation Tips
Please check the JKCET 2023 Preparation tips:
- Plan a schedule and prepare a timetable accordingly. Try to give equal time to each subject & topic.
- Focus on the topics you find difficult first. Do not try to leave difficult portions unattempted. Rather give those parts of the syllabus more time and focus.
- Candidates must be having an idea about the exam pattern & syllabus during preparations.
- To have a better idea about the format and pattern of the exam, try to solve the previous 4-5 years questions papers and also the sample papers.
- Stay calm and keep your mind fresh. Focus on your health along with the studies.
JKCET 2023 Admit Card
The JKCET Admit Card 2023 details are as follow:
- The Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBPEE) will release the JKCET admit card 2023 in online mode and the Admit card will be available on the official website of the board by the second week of April.
- Admit Card is an essential document for candidates to appear in the Entrance Exam, which the applicants must always carry with them. In the absence of the admit card, the candidate will be barred from appearing for the test.
- Candidates can download the JKCET Admit Card from the official website. Candidates have to log in with a Registered ID / Password. The candidate`s account will open. After which he/ she shall proceed to the Admit Card Section and Download the Admit Card.
- If the candidate finds any discrepancies in the Admit Card, he/ she must immediately contact the concerned examination authority.
- Candidates are required to take a print out of the JKCET Admit Card 2023 as they will not be provided with any soft copy of the Admit Card on the exam day.
The Hall Ticket will contain details such as :
- Name of the candidate
- Enrollment number
- Photograph of the candidate
- Date and time of the exam
- Address of the exam centre chosen by the candidate.
JKCET 2023 Answer Key
The answer key of JKCET 2023
will be made available on the official website of JKCET 2023 at jakbopee.net after the exam has been conducted. The answer key will be displayed for three days and thereafter it will be removed from the website. In case of any query or question concerning the answer key, a candidate can make representations supported by the documentary proof or from NCERT books with the payment receipt.
JKCET 2023 Results
The JKCET results 2023 will be uploaded online on the official website of Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBPEE). Candidates can check the result from there and also must take a print out of the scorecard for future correspondence.
JKCET 2023 Tie Breaking Rule
In case there is a tie in marks obtained by two or more candidates, the board adopts tie-breaking criteria, the details of which have provided hereunder;
- Marks obtained in the Mathematics section is considered.
- If a tie still persists then marks obtained in the Physics section is considered.
- If marks obtained in the Physics section is also the same, then marks obtained in the Chemistry category is considered.
- If marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry are all in a tie, then the candidate older in age will be given a higher rank
Steps to Check the Results
- Visit the Official website Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBPEE )and click on the link “JKCET 2023 RESULT”.
- Enter registered enrollment number, programs applied for and date of birth and click on the “Submit” button.
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Results will show the marks obtained in the entrance exam along with merit position in the qualifying entrance exam.
- Candidates must download the result for future references.
JKCET 2023 Counselling
- As soon as the Results get announced, the merit list will be released by the Board based on the rank obtained by the candidates.
- After the release of the Merit list, Candidates will be called to report at the allotted venues for counselling which will be decided by the authorities.
- All the candidates must be present at the time of Counseling to the allocated location with all the required documents; else their admission will be barred and the seat shall be allotted to the waiting list candidate.
- Candidates will have to get their documents verified, only after verification, they will be allotted seats.
- Candidates need to pay INR 1000 to the authority and would even need to select the college.
JKCET 2023 Seat Reservation
The following table presents the percentage of seats reserved for each category.
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Children of Defence Personnel
JKCET 2023 Highlights
The candidates can check below in the table highlights of JKCET 2023:
Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBPEE)
JKCET Official website
Offline (Pen Paper Based)
To offer admissions into various engineering programs in various government and private engineering colleges of the state.
In 2002, the State Legislature and The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) passed the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations Act. The Board as set up under the Act replaced the Competent Authority Entrance Examinations which was existing earlier. JKBOPEE is the examining body for entrance tests by an Act of the Legislature was to invigorate it, so that it might execute the task of selection of candidates independently, objectively and more efficiently.