Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) will be conducted in April 2023. CMAT is a management exam organised by NTA (National Testing Agency). CMAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges. It is a National Level Entrance Examination for admission to Management Programme(s). The exam will be conducted in online mode. Candidates interested in appearing for the exam must go through this article as it will give them an idea of NTA CMAT 2023 Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Admit Card etc.
- CMAT 2023 registration will start in February 2023.
- CMAT 2023 Exam will held in April, 2023.
CMAT 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the exam dates of CMAT 2023 are given in the table below.
CMAT 2023 Exam Details
|CMAT Events||CMAT Exam Dates (Tentative)|
Last week of January or first week of February 2023 to Third week of March 2023
Fourth week of March 2023
CMAT admit card download begins
First week of April 2023
CMAT 2023 exam
Second week of April 2023
|CMAT answer key release|
Third week of April 2023
|CMAT answer key challenge|
Third week of April 2023
CMAT 2023 result announcement
Fourth week of April 2023
- The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a National Level Entrance Examination for admission to management programmes in the country.
- This Test facilitates AICTE Affiliated/ Participating Institutions to select suitable graduate candidates for admission to the Management Courses in such Institutions.
Till 2018, the Test was conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- NTA is conducting this Test since 2019.
- The CMAT-2023 will be conducted by the NTA. The CMAT is a three hours Computer
Based Online Test which is conducted to evaluate the candidates ability across various segments like Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, General Awareness and Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- The CMAT score is accepted by all AICTE- Approved Institutions / University/ Departments / Constituent Colleges /Affiliated Colleges.
CMAT 2023 Application Form
Applicants are advised to go through the below-mentioned guidelines to not face any issue throughout filling and submitting the CMAT Application Form 2023:
- Common Management Aptitude Test(CMAT) 2023Application Form releases in Online mode.
- The photograph and signature uploaded during the time of applying for the CMAT Examination are used for the admission process.
- Fill in the details in the application form correctly and upload correct and valid documents.
- Candidates must ensure the successful submission of their application in the portal failing to which their candidature can be cancelled automatically.
- Keep scanned images ready of the required documents so you can directly upload otherwise session timeout will redirect you to the beginning of the application form.
- Processing charges and Goods & Service Taxes are to be paid by the candidate (as applicable).
The following steps would be there when you fill-up the application form:
- Registration of the Individual candidate
- Application form filling
- Uploading the required Documents
- Application Fee Payment
- Confirmation of Application
CMAT 2023 Registration Fee
Candidates must check the mentioned below category/gender wise CMAT Application Fees 2023 which can be paid either by Online or Offline mode:
CMAT Entrance Exam Online Application Fees 2023
|Category||Registration Fees for Male ||Registration Fees for Female |
|General||Rs 2000/- ||Rs 1000/-|
|Gen-EWS/OBC (NCL)||Rs 2000/-||Rs 1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs 1000/-||Rs. 1000/-|
Mode of payment: Candidates can submit the application fees in Online as well as Offline mode given below:
- Online mode: To avail of online payment, applicants can pay via Net Banking/Credit card/Debit card/e-wallets
- Offline mode: Payment can be done by Cash at SBI MOPS.
CMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the CMAT 2023 Eligibility
before start filling the application form. Check all the essential points related to eligibility mentioned below:
- Nationality: The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Age limit: There is no age bar announced for applicants who wish to appear in the exam.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates having a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized University/Institute are eligible to apply.
- Appearing: Those who are appearing in the final semester of the qualifying examination can also apply but they must qualify the exam and satisfy other admission criteria at the time of Admission.
NOTE: Applicants whose eligibility criteria are not met and still has applied for the examination will not be offered admission even if they score well in the CMAT examination. Go through the above-mentioned admission criteria thoroughly to set a smooth journey.
How to Apply for CMAT 2023 Exam ?
Candidates can check the steps to fill the application form given below.
- Step-1: Visit the website of CMAT 2023.
- Step-2: Click on “CMAT 2023 Registration” link.
- Step-3: Now, candidates have to register themselves to apply for CMAT 2023.
- Step-4: For registration, candidates have to enter their contact details such as email id and phone number.
- Step-5: Now, Candidate's Login details will be sent to candidates’ registered contact details.
- Step-6: Click on the “I Agree” option and fill in the details like name, parent name, date of birth, gender, email id, and mobile number.
- Step-8: Then, candidate have to pay the fee via available mode.
- Step-9: After form submission, take the printout and keep it safe for reference in the future.
CMAT 2023 Admit Card
CMAT 2023 Admit Card will be released by NTA. Candidates are requested to download and print their Hall Ticket as it is an important document to be carried to the examination centre. Below mentioned guidelines should be followed by the candidates to avoid any type of issue at the examination centre:
- If candidates are found without Admit Card in the examination hall, there are chances that the authorities might not allow them to appear for the examination and this would be solely the responsibility of the candidate and not of the invigilator or exam conducting committee.
- If there is any discrepancy found in the Admission Ticket particulars, the candidate must immediately get in touch with the Official Authority and get it rectified with time in hand.
- Information like- Name, DOB, Name of Centre, Place, Category etc, will be mentioned in the admit card.
CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates should check the CMAT Exam Pattern 2023
which is mentioned below so that they have an idea about the exam paper structure:
CMAT Entrance Exam Paper Pattern 2023(tentative)
Mode of Examination
Online (Computer Based Test)
Duration of Examination
180 minutes (3 hours)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Question (Objective)
+(4) for Correct and -(1) for Incorrect
Medium of examination
Below mentioned is the section-wise division of examination and the total number of marks each section carries:
Number of Questions
Data Interpretation and Quantitative techniques
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Innovation & Entrepreneurship(optional)
CMAT 2023 Syllabus
Candidates can check the CMAT 2023 Syllabus
mentioned below section-wise, to score well in the Common Management Aptitude Test 2023 examination, go through the syllabus properly:
Data Interpretation and Quantitative Techniques:
- Binary Logic
- Blood Relations
- Clocks and Calendars
- Data Arrangement
- Data Structures
- Direction Sense
- Family Tree
- Seating Arrangement
- Venn Diagram
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension:
- Contextual usage
- Different usage of the same word
- Fill in the blanks
- Foreign language words used in English
- Jumbled paragraphs
- One word substitution
- Para Completion and inference
- Para jumbles
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence completion
- Sentence correction
- Verbal Logic
- Verbal Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
- Line Graphs
- Pie Charts
- India and the world
- Current Affairs
- Political Science
CMAT 2023 Preparation Tips
CMAT Preparation Tips are mentioned below for all the candidates who will be appearing for CMAT Examination and are looking for guidance on how to go on preparing for the exam:
- Candidates must prepare how to go on with each subject which includes the time distribution, management of resources and various other important factors.
- Make notes of everything while studying a topic as it is easier to refer to notes than going through all over again.
- An ample amount of sleep is a must as grasping new things and the ability to think faster and to focus will also get worse if sleep and rest are not enough.
- Give time for recreation which is an important part as it helps to release stress from time to time.
- Solving questions will give an idea of the exam pattern.
- Join a test series and write tests every day as it will add up to your speed, accuracy, and refinement in answering questions.
CMAT 2023 Exam Centres
The candidates can select any four cities of their choice from the list of CMAT 2023 test centres. However, due to administrative reasons, the city of preference can be changed and a different centre may be allocated. The test centres given below are according to the previous year's examination:
CMAT Test 2023 Centres
|JAMMU & KASHMIR|
CMAT 2023 Answer Key
NTA will release the CMAT Answer Key in the online mode at ntacmat.nic.in. The candidates can download CMAT 2023 Answer Key by entering the application number and password. NTA releases the provisional answer key and then, the final answer key. Candidates can challenge the CMAT answer key by paying Rs 1000 per question. After considering the errors, NTA releases the final answer key. The candidates can calculate their estimated score with the help of the answer key.
CMAT 2023 Result
CMAT 2023 Result will be declared by NTA. Given below is some information regarding the CMAT result:
- NTA announce the result on their website only
- Candidates need to download the result which is in the form of a PDF that consists of the information of the qualifying candidates.
- Candidates should obtain the minimum prescribed marks for admission.
CMAT 2023 Counselling
NTA conducts the CMAT 2023 counselling process after the announcement of the result through online mode.
- The candidates who meet the cutoff criterion are shortlisted for counselling.
- As per the exam, all necessary documents including academic certificates, identity proof, work experience certificate (if applicable), etc. will be verified.
- After that, candidates can take admission for the course allotted to them by paying the course fee.
Documents Required at CMAT Counseling
Following are the documents that should be brought by the candidates for the Common Management Aptitude Test counselling:
- Admit Card
- Photo Identity Proof
- Passport Size Photograph
- Academic Certificates
CMAT 2023 Highlights
Candidates should go through the given below table of CMAT entrance exam basic information:
CMAT 2023 or Common Management Aptitude Test
National Test Agency (NTA)
Postgraduate Courses in Management
CMAT Official website
CMAT 2022 Registration link
Online (Computer Based Test)
To offer admission in various Postgraduate Management Courses across India
National Test Agency
National Test Agency is a government agency that has been established in 2017 to conduct entrance exam for higher education institute. It has been approved by the Union Council of Minister. Vineet Joshi is appointed as the first director-general of the agency. NTA office is in Sector 62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh. NTA conducts the Various exam to offer admission in engineering, medical, pharmacy, management, Delhi University and college or university teaching and fellowship.